Giant are looking for Lead Animators (Maya) for our current production.
This is a full time position and will be based in our studio in Dublin, Ireland.
The role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and applicants should ideally be eligible to work within the EEA.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive a reply might not always be possible.
Please mail to email@example.com – please note: you must include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email, for example: “Application – Lead Animator (Maya)”.
Starting date: 4th June
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining the level and style of character animation for the series
- Developing the animation bible for the series along with the core creative team
- Work closely with the core creative team to understand the overall storytelling, humour and action of the show
- Ensuring the high standard of animation is maintained throughout production
- Draft scene by scene animation notes throughout the production of each episode
- Work closely with the rigging team to approve facial and character rigs
- Work closely with the rigging team to approve blend shapes and morphs for facial expressions and joint deformations
- Must work under pressure of tight deadlines and be able to problem-solve issues as they arise
- Manage animation department in an efficient and effective manner, ensuring the timely delivery of final animated episodes
- Troubleshoot technical and managerial issues in relation to the Animation department
- Communicate departmental reports and issues with the Production Manager and other Department Leads.
- Support core creative team in recruiting animation staff as required
- 3-5 years CG experience, ideally within feature film or TV show production
- Full time position with 40 hours per week
- Previous experience as an Animation Lead
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritize and attention to detail
The ideal candidate will be/have
- A strong Leader
- A team player
- Technically skilled
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Open to direction