Giant are seeking an Art Director for an upcoming production.
This is a full time position and will be based in our studio in Dublin, Ireland.
The role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and applicants should ideally be eligible to work within the EEA.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive a reply might not always be possible.
Please mail to email@example.com – please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email, for example: “Application – Art Director Position”.
Starting date: ASAP
- Collaborate with the Supervising Producer and Directors to discuss creative ambitions and producibility for each episode
- Oversee workflow to ensure all deadlines are met, communicating with the Producer and Production Manager and/or other departments to anticipate and tackle potential design and production challenges and issues
- Develop and communicate a clear design vision (including Characters, Locations, Props, Backgrounds, Lighting, and Color) that will support and maintain the overall creative vision and quality for the story and style of the project
- Prepare for and lead design handouts by communicating overall direction, design requirements, and expected level of polish to the Design team
- Participate in design and color reviews, provide clear notes for revisions, and assist with revisions as needed
- Oversee creation of style guides and communicate creative notes to Asset team
- Provide status updates, troubleshoot, and review potential changes on a regular basis with production staff
- Participate in the talent acquisition process with the Producer and Production Manager to review portfolios and tests, interview candidates, and provide detailed feedback
- Mentor and support the Design team and cultivate positive team morale
- Strong drawing and painting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and keep a team on schedule
- Ability to create concepts for characters, props and sets
- Understanding and experience leading in a TV animation pipeline
- Experience supervising a design team including delegating, giving feedback, and providing constructive criticism to creatives
- Strong organization and time management skills
- A team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- Strong knowledge of color theory and lighting
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment