Giant are seeking a CG Generalist to join our team.
This is a full-time position and will be based in our studio in Dublin, Ireland.
The role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland and applicants should ideally be eligible to work within the EEA.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive a reply might not always be possible.
Please email your C.V. and portfolio to email@example.com – please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email, for example: “Application – CG Generalist”.
Start Date: ASAP
- Rig testing new assets – testing for issues with rig efficiency, weighting, blend shapes and overall appeal
- Troubleshooting of issues in asset and animation departments
- Identifying and responding to any technical issues across departments
- Technical Animation retakes (i.e. scene issues, intersections)
- Technical assistance across all departments
- Assist with induction of new artists and preparing documentation for onboarding
- Assist with FX ingest/placement if needed
- Assist with asset and files ingests if needed
- Assist with testing cloth sim, dynamics if needed
- Work with production to flag any technical issues that could impact episodes (i.e. layout, model, rig issues)
- Work closely with TD’s and CG Supervisors
- Research & Development into new tools, plugins, and scripts as needed
- Testing of Pipeline changes if needed
- 2+ years of experience working on high-quality CG productions
- Strong understanding of CG Assets and 3D Animation Pipelines
- Strong experience with Maya
- Experience with Animbot a plus
- Experience with Redshift a plus
- Experience with Shotgun a plus
- Programming experience with Python is a plus
- Proactive and Detail Oriented