Giant are looking for a Character Designer to join our Development Team!
This is a full-time, in-house position based in our studio in Dublin, Ireland.
The role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland and who are eligible to work in the EEA.
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive, a reply might not always be possible.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to apply – please note: you must include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. For example: ‘Application – Character Designer’.
- Work with the Art Director and artists to establish the mood, personality, and style of characters for multiple projects
- Generate turnarounds, expression sheets, individualistic poses and outfits for characters specific to the project
- See character designs through from concept to final designs
- Experience creating concept work for animation or film
- Strong illustration and design skills (preferably with a variety of style/technical abilities)
- Experience with digital art tools such as Photoshop, Painter, ect.
- Eye for composition, light, color theory, detail, and staging
- Understanding of human/creature anatomy both stylized and realistic with a knack for gesture, shape, form, and silhouette
- Ability to take conceptual idea and bring it to a final illustration/design that can be translated into both 2D and 3D worlds
The ideal candidate will be:
- Comfortable in a team environment
- Technically skilled
- Strong problem-solver with attention to detail
- A creative self-motivator
- Open to direction
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills