Giant are seeking a Lead Layout Artist for a current Netflix project.
This is a full-time position and the role will initially begin as remote working with a view to being in-house when it is safe to do so.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the EU.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive a reply might not always be possible.
Please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org – please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email, for example: “Application – Lead Layout Artist”.
Starting date: November 2020
- Follow Director’s creative direction in the layout process using your knowledge of cinematography and visual storytelling.
- Attend Animatic/Layout Reviews, Launches and Approvals with Production.
- To revise, edit and modify layouts/shots as indicated by the Director or creative team.
- To organize and manage timelines to ensure all work is completed and submitted on time and in adherence with the production schedule
- To support colleagues; this may include troubleshooting and/or providing appropriate resolution to any technical issues as they arise to keep production moving forward.
- Working closely with the Director and CG Supervisor whilst also managing the day to day operations of the Layout team
- Good working knowledge of Maya.
- Knowledge and passion for camera composition, pacing and cinematography
- A good working knowledge of the principles of staging, posing and timing.
- Good at problem solving and resolving technical issues
- 3-5 years 3D Animation or VFX experience