Giant are seeking a Lead Look Dev Artist for an upcoming production.
This is a full time position and will be based in our studio in Dublin, Ireland.
The role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and applicants should ideally be eligible to work within the EEA.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive a reply might not always be possible.
Please mail to email@example.com – please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email, for example: “Application – Lead Look Development Position”.
Starting date: ASAP
- Work with the show supervisors to create final looks, templates and materials for CG characters and environments to be used in production and interpret artistic direction from Supervisors.
- Working with the lead of supervisor of a show, define shader requirements, creating shader networks in Maya and Nuke, modifying shader parameters, applying texture maps, and iteratively refining the look to accomplish the art direction goals and integrating solutions into production pipeline.
- Participate as a team member in determining various design and technical solutions; provides feedback to other team members of the production.
- Setup scene templates for Lighters and run shots under guidance of Lighting Supervisor.
- Work closely with texture artists to create necessary texture maps for application to characters, props and environments
- Write and/or modify custom shaders, define standard render passes for a project
- Work closely with Lighting supervisors to ensure that all assets work within the scope of lighting & color pipeline requirements.
- Work with a team of artists in a hands-on capacity to ensure technically and artistically proper implementation of look developed assets
- Keep other supervisors apprised of issues arising in pre-production and shot production and offer creative solutions to those issues.
- Experience in surfacing look development in animation/vfx production.
- Experience in shot lighting and finaling.
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating photo-real & stylised shaders and materials.
- A passion for highly detailed work on a mix of characters, hard-surface assets and environments.
- Able to create photorealistic & stylised textures from reference and clean UV layouts
- Ability to balance quick turnaround with achieving a high degree of aesthetic quality.
- Be willing to share knowledge and experience with others
- Must possess strong initiative, excellent communication, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment, taking direction positively from the Leads and Supervisors while keeping production staff updated on progress and scheduling conflicts.
- Must have advanced experience with Autodesk Maya, Nuke, Adobe Photoshop and a variety of rendering technologies.
- Must have experience modifying shading network GUI’s and defining templates for other artists.
- Familiarity with zBrush, Mudbox, Mari or other texture and normal/displacement map generation is a plus.
- Possess familiarity with asset management systems and procedures.