Giant are seeking Lighting Artists for an exciting project!
This is a full time, fixed term position and will be based in our studio in Dublin, Ireland.
The role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and applicants
should be eligible to work full time within the EEA.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but due to the high volume of applications
we receive a reply might not always be possible.
Please mail to email@example.com – please include the position you are applying for in the
subject line of your email, for example: “Application – Lighting Artist”.
- Carry out shot-level lighting and compositing tasks to meet pre-established standards
- Work closely with the Lighting Leads to correctly interpret their creative and technical directions and incorporate them into the lighting process
- Maintain accurate consistency between shot lighting and compositing across a given sequence
- Effectively meet daily quotas set out in advance by Production
- Continually liaise with Production regarding task assignments and schedules
- Learn and fully utilize in-house pipeline, workflow and tools
- Effectively work as part of a larger team structure
- Provide consistent “dailies” output in good time and review work with the director,supervisor and leads
- Have 2+ years of experience as a Lighting Artist on a high-quality production.
- Experience with Maya essential
- Must have strong experience with an industry-standard rendering engine (ie: Redshift/Arnold/Vray)
- Must have strong experience with a node-based compositing package (Nuke/Fusion)
- Must possess an ability to multitask and problem solve under short deadlines, and operate well in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess an excellent understanding of visual language, an eye for colour and light, and exceptional attention to detail
- Must be a good, clear communicator with excellent level of English
- Must be self-motivated, task-driven and open to direction
- Experience with an asset management system (Shotgun a plus)
- Experience with a render manager (Deadline a plus)