Giant are seeking a Lighting & Comp Supervisor for an exciting project!
This is a full time, fixed term position and will be based in our studio in Dublin, Ireland.
The role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Dublin office and applicants should be eligible to work full time within the EEA. We will not be considering remote hires at this time.
Start Date: January 2020
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive a reply might not always be possible.
Please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org – please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email, for example: “Application – Lighting & Comp Supervisor”.
Application deadline: 29th November 2019
- Drive the lighting/ compositing artists and leads, being able to help production designate tasks and provide and adhere to accurate time bids and deadlines.
- Carry out some shot-level lighting and compositing tasks to meet pre-established standards.
- Work closely with the Lighting and Comp Leads to correctly interpret their creative and technical directions and incorporate them into the lighting process.
- Maintain accurate consistency between shot lighting and compositing across a given sequence and assist lighting team in achieving this.
- Effectively meet any daily quotas set out in advance by Production.
- Liaise with Production regarding task assignments and schedules for the team as well as their own workload.
- Work to optimize in-house pipeline, workflow and tools alongside our CG Supervisor and Pipeline Supervisor.
- Effectively work as part of a larger team structure with an understanding and respect of upstream and downstream departments.
- Review work with the director,supervisor and leads.
- Have 5+ years of experience as a Lighting Supervisor/ Lighting & Comp Supervisor or Lead Lighting/ Comp Artist or on a high-quality production.
- Have experience leading a team of lighters and being able to delegate tasks
- Experience with Maya essential.
- Must have strong experience with an industry-standard rendering engine (ie: Redshift/Arnold/Vray)
- Must have strong experience with a node-based compositing package (Nuke/Fusion)
- Must possess an ability to multitask and problem solve under short deadlines, and operate well in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess an excellent understanding of visual language, an eye for colour and light, and exceptional attention to detail
- Must be a good, clear communicator with excellent level of English
- Must be self-motivated, task-driven and open to direction
- Experience with an asset management system (Shotgun a plus)
- Experience with a render manager (Deadline a plus)