Giant are seeking Maya Lighters for an exciting new production.
The role involves working alongside other Lighting Artists under the direction of a Lighting Lead. The role requires a solid understanding of the Lighting, Render and Compositing process, and requires knowledge of multiple softwares. In addition this, we are seeking candidates who are highly motivated and passionate about their work.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org – note that you must include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email, for example: ‘Application – Maya Lighting Artist’.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive a reply might not always be possible.
Application deadline: 22nd April 2019
● Carry out shot-level lighting and compositing tasks to meet pre-established standards
● Work closely with the Lighting Leads to correctly interpret their creative and technical
directions and incorporate them into the lighting process
● Maintain accurate consistency between shot lighting and compositing across a given
● Effectively meet daily quotas set out in advance by Production
● Continually liaise with Production regarding task assignments and schedules
● Learn and fully utilize in-house pipeline, workflow and tools
● Effectively work as part of a larger team structure
● Provide consistent “dailies” output in good time and review work with the director,
supervisor and leads
● Have 1+ years of experience as a Lighting Artist on a high-quality production.
● Experience with Maya essential
● Must have strong experience with an industry-standard rendering engine
● Must have strong experience with a node-based compositing package (Nuke/Fusion)
● Must possess an ability to multitask and problem solve under short deadlines, and
operate well in a fast-paced environment.
● Must possess an excellent understanding of visual language, an eye for colour and light
and exceptional attention to detail
● Must be a good, clear communicator with excellent level of English
● Must be self-motivated, task-driven and open to direction
● Experience with an asset management system (Shotgun a plus)
● Experience with a render manager (Deadline a plus)