Giant are seeking Compositors for an exciting new production.
The role involves working alongside other Compositing Artists under the direction of a Compositing Lead. The role requires an excellent understanding of the Compositing process, including prior experience with FX compositing. In addition to this, we are seeking candidates who are highly motivated and passionate about their work. Applicants should be eligible to work within the EEA.
Please apply to email@example.com – note that you must include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email, for example: ‘Application – Nuke Compositing Artist’.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive a reply might not always be possible.
Application deadline: 26th April 2019
● Carry out complex shot-level compositing tasks to meet pre-established standards
● Work closely with the Compositing Leads to correctly interpret their creative and
technical directions and incorporate them into the compositing process
● Identify simple time-saving compositing solutions for FX compositions and other complex
● Assist in the creation and use of a 2D FX asset libraries
● Maintain accurate consistency between shot compositing across a given sequence
● Effectively meet daily quotas set out in advance by Production
● Continually liaise with Production regarding task assignments and schedules
● Learn and fully utilize in-house pipeline, workflow and tools
● Effectively work as part of a larger team structure
● Provide consistent “dailies” output in good time and review work with the director,
supervisor and leads
● Have 1+ years of experience as a Compositing Artist on a high-quality production.
● Experience with an industry-standard node-based compositing package essential (Nuke
or Fusion a big plus)
● Must have solid experience with industry-standard file-types including EXR, DPX,
Quicktime and the use of multi-layer Arbitrary Output Variables (AOVs).
● Must have an intimate knowledge of linear workflows, including gamut, colour-spaces,
● Must possess an ability to multitask and problem solve under short deadlines, and
operate well in a fast-paced environment.
● Must possess an excellent understanding of visual language, an eye for colour and light
and exceptional strong attention to detail
● Must be a good, clear communicator with excellent level of English
● Must be self-motivated, task-driven and open to direction
● Experience with an asset management system is a plus
● Experience with a render management system is a plus