Giant Animation, Ireland’s most creatively exciting and innovative independent 3D animation studio, are looking for Pipeline TD’s to join our talented team.
This is a full-time position and will be based in our studio in Dublin, Ireland. The role is open to all applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and applicants would ideally be eligible to work within the EEA.
If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you, so please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org – please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email, for example: “Application – Pipeline TD Position”.
Starting date: ASAP
- Thoroughly understand the animation production process, both internal and when working with outsourced production vendors
- Support the production pipelines
- Communicate with project teams to evaluate user experiences, satisfaction, and level of understanding to identify areas of improvement to the production pipelines
- Research and pitch pipeline improvement opportunities to Giant leadership team
- Liaise between production and technology departments, translating production needs into technical requests
- Create automation and other tools to reduce the technical burden on creative staff
- Collaborate with IT to evaluate and integrate changes to the infrastructure
- Document tools and workflow and train creative staff on those processes
- Ability to solve production issues that require technical expertise
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, or equivalent and/or experience to equal that level of technical and creative knowledge and professionalism
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, both verbal and written (required)
- Understanding of CGI concepts and workflows (required)
- Ability to work independently balancing multiple competing priorities (required)
- Experience with third party software packages: Adobe Photoshop, Foundry Flix, Autodesk Maya, Foundry Nuke, Autodesk Shotgun (required)
- Proficiency with Python scripting language (required)
- Experience in computer animation, visual effects, or the game industry (preferred)
- Experience, including pipeline and plugin development, with many third party VFX/Animation software packages (preferred)
- Experience with other toolkits and systems: CI, Git, Mel, Deadline, Maya API
- Experience with OSX, Windows, and Linux operating systems (preferred)