Giant are seeking a Rigging Supervisor for an upcoming production.
This is a full-time position and will be based in our studio in Dublin, Ireland.
The role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and applicants should ideally be eligible to work within the EEA.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive a reply might not always be possible.
Please mail to email@example.com – please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email, for example: “Application – Rigging Supervisor Position”.
Starting date: ASAP
- Set up and maintain character (humans & animals) rigs and systems
- Work with art team to develop models that meets technical requirements
- Work with animation team to create artist-friendly rigs that satisfy animation/gameplay needs
- Design and set up character dynamics (i.e. cloth, hair)
- Develop new techniques and processes to further advance quality/realism
- Create tools to streamline workflow/pipelines for multiple projects.
- Work with team directors and production to identify/prioritize tasks
- Provide and maintain technical documentation
- Work with and mentor character riggers to provide clear direction and set expectations for aesthetic and technical requirements; instill best practices
- Expert knowledge of Maya, with a minimum of 5 years of production experience in animation.
- At least 1 year as a Lead or Supervisor
- In-depth knowledge of character/prop rigging technique and principles
- Strong understanding of figure and facial anatomy
- Python scripting knowledge
- Experience with adopting production pipelines and make improvements that respect guidelines and system requirements
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to find pragmatic solutions
- Proven ability to be self-sufficient and take the initiative to seek answers and address issues
- Effective communication skills