Giant are looking for a Senior Scene Prep / Layout artist.
This is a full time position and will be based in our studio in Dublin, Ireland.
The role is based in Dublin, Ireland and applicants should ideally be eligible to work within the EEA.
Please mail your CV and any relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org – please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email, for example: “Application – Senior 3D Scene Prep / Layout Artist”.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive a reply might not always be possible.
Application deadline: 26th January 2018
Starting date: 12th February 2018
The role will be responsible for leading the layout and Scene Prep team for Giant’s new high caliber CG animated TV show. Working closely with the CG Supervisor and the Animation Lead, the Scene Prep Lead will also be involved in building a pipeline for the team and the file migration to the Animation teams.
Key Responsibilities :
● Prep Master shots for Block Animation.
● Make sure the Layout matched the Previs.
● Setup sequence cameras From Previs.
● Device File management among Scene Prep / Layout team.
● Work close with Animation leads to make sure all their notes are addressed.
● Report Bugs and issues to the pipeline team.
● Work close with CG Supervisor and Animation Director to establish efficient workflow
within the department.
● At least 2-3 years of experience as Layout / Previs or Scene Prep Artist / Lead on
Episodic TV production.
● Experience as team Lead.
● Experience as Animator is an advantage.
● Must Know Maya. Expert knowledge of the referencing pipeline in Maya.
● Knowledge of Python will be a great plus.
● Experience working under pressure.
● Good communication skills.
● Experience working with proprietary tools within the pipeline.
● Attention to detail.