Giant are seeking a Senior Rigging Artist for an upcoming production.
This is a full-time position and will be based in our studio in Dublin, Ireland.
The role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and applicants should ideally be eligible to work within the EEA.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive a reply might not always be possible.
Please mail to email@example.com – please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email, for example: “Application – Senior Rigging Artist Position”.
Starting date: ASAP
- Work closely with the Animation Director, Modelling Lead and Rigging Supervisor to create and maintain high level rigs
- Review models and flag potential problems and solutions
- Work closely with modelling to create a model that meets the rigging technical requirements
- Develop rigs and techniques to satisfy the requirements in terms of range of motion required, while meeting production deadline
- Create tools and scripts to increase efficiency in the department
- Track tasks and meet production deadlines
- Minimum of 3 years experience in rigging
- Strong knowledge of rigging techniques
- Strong knowledge of animation requirements
- Ability to perform duties whilst being aware of deadlines
- High level knowledge of rigging in Maya
- Experience with Shotgun
- Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Solid comprehension of mathematics
- Good knowledge of Python
- Excellent communication skills