Giant are seeking a Texture/Look Dev Artist for an upcoming production.
This is a full time position and will be based in our studio in Dublin, Ireland.
The role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and applicants should ideally be eligible to work within the EEA.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive a reply might not always be possible.
Please mail to email@example.com – please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email, for example: “Application – Texture/Look Dev Artist Position”.
Starting date: ASAP
- Industry experience (Animation and/or Visual Effects) is an advantage
- Proficient in Maya, Nuke, Photoshop, Zbrush and/or Mudbox, Substance
- Knowledge of Redshift renderer
- Modelling skills are an asset
- Shader development skills are an asset
- Experience using Shotgun for production tracking, submitting and publishing
- Ability to communicate creative and technical ideas
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience in photo-real & stylised material/surfacing look development in production.
- Experience in shot lighting and finaling.
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating photo-real shaders and materials.
- A passion for highly detailed work on a mix of characters, hard-surface assets and environments.
- Able to create photorealistic textures from reference and clean UV layouts
- Ability to balance quick turnaround with achieving a high degree of aesthetic quality.
- Be willing to share knowledge and experience with others
- Must possess strong initiative, excellent communication, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with zBrush, Mudbox, Mari or other texture and normal/displacement map generation is a plus.